NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Principal Associate, Commercial Risk Rating Platform Management
Capital One's Commercial Bank loan portfolio has grown by virtue of three acquisitions (North Fork, Hibernia, and Chevy Chase). It is a traditional Commercial Portfolio of C&I, CRE, and Small Business customers located primarily on the East Coast of the United States. Capital One Bank is seeking a qualified individual to join the Commercial and Small Business Commercial Risk Management (CSCRM)– Platform Management team responsible for assisting in the business side delivery of multiple initiatives under the Commercial Credit Risk umbrella.
- Support the implementation of models in the Risk Rating platform and connectivity with other systems.
- Partner with business, IT, external vendors, modelers, model risk officers to scope out, define and approve business requirements for CSCRM initiatives
- Interpret business data needs and understand how financial data is used in all credit risk management processes. Data elements collected must meet the needs of: Underwriting, Credit Risk, and Portfolio Analytics for stress testing, risk rating, and portfolio analysis.
- Function independently in a project management capacity, proactively managing the overall implementation process to insure projects are completed timely
- Plan and communicate the project status, milestones and critical issues to key stakeholders; escalate any impediments and recommends options or solutions
- Develop and maintain consistent guidelines for financial data input used in batch rating process for all commercial lines of business; execute controls and processes around batch rating
- Act as the subject matter expert on the vendor application(s) that is used to collect data used for risk rating commercial loans.
- Establish and execute well managed controls and processes around other BAU work (i.e, SOX testing, Reference Table updates, etc.)
- Provide post release support during release implementations
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to the Risk Rating platform user community.
- Identifies gaps and recommends process improvements as necessary.
- Provide back-up support for other Infrastructure team responsibilities (maintenance of security and application settings, user rights and access).
The successful candidate will be someone who can operate effectively in a matrixed environment, serving and fulfilling the analytical needs within the banking organization. She/he will exhibit excellent people leadership skills to leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, and associates along with the confidence to effectively influence the Capital One executive leadership team. She/he must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous assignments of various duration, anticipate and resolve issues proactively, and execute responsibilities independently with minimal supervision. Strong business judgment, communications, quantitative and analytical skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in commercial banking OR at least 1 year of experience with credit risk ratings OR at least 1 year of experience with credit policy OR at least 1 year of experience in credit review, OR at least 1 year of experience in portfolio management
- At least 1 year of experience managing web-based systems
- At least 1 year of experience using SQL, SAS OR VBA
- Proficient with MS Excel AND MS Access
- At least 1 year of experience writing technical documents
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- 3+ years of experience with SAS, SQL OR VBA
- 3+ years of experience in commercial banking OR 3+ years of experience with credit risk ratings OR 3+ years of experience with credit policy OR 3+ years of experience in credit review, OR 3+ years of experience in portfolio management
- 2+ years of experience in Data analysis
- 1+ year of Teradata experience
- 1+ years of experience using the Agile method
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new candidate for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.