McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Commercial Underwriter I
If you want to be part of a fast-paced, client-centric and strategically growing business, Capital One Commercial Banking wants you to join our talented group! Capital One is committed to excellence in the solutions we offer, the industries we serve, and the way we work with clients. Today, Capital One Commercial Banking group services a $65 billion loan portfolio, serving more than 6,100 clients. We offer a range of solutions including Commercial Lending, Rate and Currency Solutions, Depository Services, Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Private Banking and Wealth Management, and Corporate Cards. On the Commercial Banking team, you’ll find energized, positive people rolling up their sleeves to deliver value-added solutions, products and services for our clients. As a key member of the team, you will be at the forefront of competing for new clients, facilitating the structuring and delivery of unique credit solutions, and managing client debt portfolios to further deepen the Bank’s relationships and strengthen its brand. For more information on Capital One’s Commercial Bank, please visit http://www.capitalonecommercial.com.
Key Activities Include:
- Manages the Bank’s credit exposure to an assigned portfolio of Commercial Clients.
- Analyzes and monitors assigned portfolio for changes in risk profile.
- Inputs financial statements into the Bank’s online spreading system. Determines the proper risk rating for all facilities within an assigned loan portfolio and completes the required paperwork for any rating changes.
- Tests Borrowers’ compliance with financial covenants. Monitors Borrowers’ performance to expectations. Takes action to communicate deteriorating situations, and to remediate such risks to protect the Bank.
- Becomes proficient in generating projection models and Enterprise Valuations, and in calculating and monitoring collateral values including borrowing bases.
- Performs annual reviews of clients, prepares credit actions to extend new or modify existing loans.
- Extensively collaborates with Commercial Banking team, including Relationship Managers, Credit Risk Officers, Line of Business Management and support staff, to deliver, manage and maintain credit with prospects and clients.
- Evaluates the credit worthiness of new loan applicants by determining their ability to pay.
- Understands all aspects of an applicant’s business including its industry, products, competitive position and management.
- Thoroughly analyzes financial statements, forecasts, bank statements, and credit card processing statements.
- Develops terms and conditions that minimize default risk and maximize the bank’s profitability.
- Succinctly discusses financial analysis, risks and mitigants, structuring recommendations and decision justification, in a written credit memorandum.
- Completes credit packages and decisions credit requests within prescribed timeframes to meet business partner and customer expectations.
- Reviews credit agreements for consistency with approved terms; interacts with Bank counsel and participates in the negotiation of credit documentation.
- Understands and employs all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business.
- Performs and verifies compliance with loan policy, AML, KYC and all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Remains up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance.
- Assists in developing new strategies to improve customer experience and manage risk in processes related to fraud and severity management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year of Commercial underwriting experience or 1 years of Business Banking Underwriting experience or 1 year of Accounting Experience
- A Master’s in Business Administration or a Master’s in Accounting
- Formal Credit Training
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.