1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
In this role you are a product lead on the Effortless Banking team, which seeks to create the experiences and tools that enable financial success with as little effort as possible. This team owns the most common experiences people have with their bank today: the list of transactions and the monthly statement. Unfortunately, the problems these experiences solved on paper, haven’t been reimagined in the digital world, which would be your job!
On any given day on the team you’ll be:
- Empowered. Working directly with engineers, designers and data scientists to uncover the human problems we need to solve, and setting the week-to-week priorities that get us there.
- Learning constantly. Learn and share details about the people, technology, interactions and algorithms we’ll need to understand to create an experience that’s 10x better than what every other bank is doing.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to effective experiences, or cutting and pasting together the paper prototypes you share in the user labs to get a quick read on a wild idea.
- Sharing openly. Run together to run far, your world may be composed of sprints, but for them to add up to a big change you’ll need to be collaborative and capable of sharing your work and your ideas with others.
- Connecting creatively. Tease out the idea that your scrum master is too timid to share, catalyze a team to openly discuss the impossible, disagree agreeably, and then move forward together.
- Succeeding strategically. Solve the right problem, and have the confidence to stop work on the wrong one. Grow big by starting small.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You’ve gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Specific experience as a product lead building consumer-facing web, mobile, or email/push experiences
- Demonstrated success partnering directly with engineers and data scientists in agile delivery environment to create a consumer experience powered by a large dataset
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.