Principal Portfolio Project Manager
The Data Infrastructure and Analysis (DIA) team within the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) organization is developing a cutting edge Portfolio Management office to drive solutions and meet our needs to “Change Banking for Good.” We are seeking a professional with a passion for governance, communication, and risk management to join the FIU Analysis team in a Portfolio Manager capacity.
The Portfolio Management office horizontally supports the DIA team in planning/developing, organizing, and managing the AML risk framework across the enterprise. The Portfolio team creates analytically-based solutions to drive a disciplined yet efficient management structure for the organization. In particular, the team is charged with developing and communicating strategies for organizational effectiveness, advising on priorities and risks, shaping the department’s strategy, and partnering with diverse business areas & stakeholders to improve the AML risk management model.
As a Principal Associate on the team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with bright and driven people, quickly gain exposure to senior management, and deepen his/her understanding of AML. The successful candidate will have a unique position in driving and implementing the Portfolio Management and FIU Analysis AML risk governance framework.
- Synthesizing viewpoints on organizational, risk, and regulatory issues, as well as implementing Portfolio Management initiatives that will shape the team’s strategic direction
- Deep immersion into team’s strategy, priorities, and deliverables, becoming an expert in the team’s agenda and needs
- Assist in developing and driving a well-managed agenda to implement critical business deliverables
- Develop and drive solutions to increase the efficiency of business execution
- Influence and advise senior management on strategic, operational, and organizational issues
- Execute upon department-wide and cross-functional Portfolio Management strategic projects
- Creation of effective metrics and reporting required to communicate performance and information to broad audiences
- Creation of strong interaction models and relationships to collaborate with key stakeholders, ensuring delivery of commitments
- Liaise with partners across DIA, cross-functional teams across AML and Compliance, and lines of businesses across Capital One
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills necessary for interacting with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Deep understanding and involvement of the team’s strategy and priorities, and becoming a thought leader with in the team
- Passion for organizing and working together with a team to drive meaningful execution plans
- Ability to provide variety of thoughts and ideas to influence teams in their continual search for performance proficiency
- Capacity to deliver quality work, multi-task, and focus on priorities under dynamic environment
- Ability to independently identify and evaluate key risks
- Strong team player with excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Portfolio, Agile, Process, and/or Project Management
-Certified Scrum Master
-Business Process Management or Project Management or Project Management Professional or Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- Data Governance or data management experience preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with Portfolio Management or 5 years experience in Agile or 5 years experience in Process Management or 5 years experience in Project Management.
-Proficiency with VersionOne
-1 year experience constructing and utilizing a Visual Management tool
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position