Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Physical Security
The Principal Associate, Physical Security serves to support our consulting efforts and enhance our point of contact between Corporate Security Services (CSS) and Capital One’s lines of business (LOBs). Function as a consultant with expertise in abilities to assess physical security risks relevant to Capital One with the ability to multi-task, analyze/interpret data, and demonstrate effective decision making.
- Providing subject matter expertise, advice to LOBs and solutions that mitigate physical security risks
- Providing consulting expertise to our physical security teams to assist in their initiatives to mitigate risks
- Creating and enhancing our processes to complete CSS’s responsibilities with respect to the Physical Security Control Program
- Performing and/or consulting to complete initiatives to ensure that we understand those risks that are most impactful and likely to occur within the LOB’s within Capital One
- Supporting CSS initiatives to document and assist in completing the responsibilities associated with the Physical Security Control Program
- Establishing and building a working relationship with LOB management, members of the investigations and physical security professionals within CSS, as well as peer fraud and security professionals
- Consulting with the investigations and security teams to assist them in understanding relevant risks that could impact their projects
- Contributing to internal CSS project work
- Providing input into the development of team work plans
The ideal candidate will:
- Assess, understand and address physical security issues across the company and require interaction with internal and external clients
- Identify and analyze issues and gather information to determine causes and possible solutions
- Partner with multiple clients through a combination of internal relationship management, applied business analysis, and project participation
- Influence and gain support for security initiatives yielding significant business impacts
- Design, develop, and execute processes to assess physical security risks that are relevant to the LOB’s across Capital One, with limited management assistance
- Work independently under limited supervision, with latitude for initiative and independent judgment
- Assist at varying levels of team leadership in performing staff management responsibilities, typically training
- Execute moderately complex physical security consulting projects based on subject matter expertise and direction from managers
- Participate in design and execution of more complex security consulting projects.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to changes in assignments and job responsibilities
- Recognize when an issue is of a higher degree of complexity or significance and escalates appropriately
- Strong presentation, analytical and reasoning skills
Must be flexible to travel 30-40% domestically, predominantly East Coast Travel.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of experience in the application of physical security consulting, at least 3 years of experience in threat management, at least 3 years of experience in security auditing and risk management, or a combination
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- 3+ years of conducting vulnerability assessments, assurance reviews, and facility Security Reviews
- 2+ years of experience with creating, enhancing, and documenting evidence to support control programs.
- 2+ years of experience in the application of security principles and technologies as communicated by the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS).
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating security risk probabilities, impacts, and mitigations
- 1+ year of experience with building and defining KPI’s and administering databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position