Principal Associate Project Manager
The Company: Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Project Manager at Capital One in the Sales & Originations Command Center, you will execute on high priority projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of various projects that include project monitoring and tracking, project retrospectives and driving towards customer conditions of satisfaction. This role includes event management for both internal and external business partners.
- Leading moderate to large complex projects supporting COAF Sales & Originations
- Manage both internal and external events
- Guide cross functional teams in executing the principles of project framework
- Facilitates project planning, retrospective and demos
- Removes impediments that prevents a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given project
- Coaches and mentors junior project managers and business partners on project methodology
- Support other department processes
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 4 years of Project Management experience
- PMP or Lean or Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.