77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Principal Associate, Underwriter - Asset Backed Finance Group - Chicago
Assist in the origination, structuring, underwriting and closing of Asset-Backed Finance opportunities. Responsibilities include advancing potential financings through the credit approval process, cash-flow modeling of individual transactions, including sensitivity analysis and performing comparisons to other deals in the market. Interact with management of potential borrowers as a part of the diligence and closing process for new transactions. Assist the portfolio management group in post-closing customer interaction and asset management, as necessary. Conduct company, industry, and product research.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research ABS, industry and company information and produce market commentary;
- Evaluate potential transactions to determine the quality of lending opportunities and appropriate transaction structure to maximize return on investment;
- Identify specific merits, risks and mitigants for each transaction;
- Perform due diligence including industry, company and financial analysis;
- Perform internal deal screening, risk analysis, and pricing analysis and assist with the internal credit approval process;
- Evaluate risk/return dynamics for proposed transactions;
- Prepare internal memoranda for review and approval of new transactions;
- Maintain detailed financial models; develop sensitivity analysis around key economic drivers; and
- Maintain all operational aspects of a transaction from deal initiation to close.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Finance, Banking and/or Lending.
- Experience in both recourse and non-recourse lending preferred
- Strong credit skills
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Progress toward CFA
- Able to work in a team environment, while interacting with multiple teams and multiple deals concurrently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with financial products available to financial institutions, including cash flow lending, bond issuance, secured recourse lending, non-recourse lending (i.e. securitization), mezzanine credit, hedging.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of capital markets experience or at least 3 years of banking experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.