Principal Auditor – Quality Assurance and Training
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Auditor to join the Practices and Innovation team. The Practices and Innovation team oversees quality assurance, methodology, training, operations, and enhancements related to the CAS department. This Principal Auditor will perform quality assurance reviews, build department-wide training, and support internal process improvement efforts. The Principal Auditor will be responsible for maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Oversee and support major components of the quality assurance improvement program and lead small targeted quality reviews, including maintaining best-in-class quality assurance procedures and performing appropriate testing procedures to determine whether quality objectives are achieved
- Develop and maintain best-in-class audit training materials on behalf of the department, such as auditor role-based training, quarterly department-wide training, and new hire training
- Oversee the specialist program on behalf of the department, including an annual assessment of subject matter expertise and related training
- Design and execute internal operational processes of moderate complexity, such as independence monitoring, training CPE monitoring, quality assurance project scheduling, and related internal status reporting
- Support internal improvement efforts in effectiveness and productivity, including developing and implementing process improvements
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during execution and delivery
- Establish and maintain strong partner relationships
- Communicate the results of quality assurance reviews to management in written reports and verbal presentations
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in auditing, at least 3 years of experience in accounting, at least 3 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 3 years of experience in compliance, or a combination
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Master’s Degree in Finance or Master’s Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Bank Auditor (CBA)
- 2+ years of experience in Banking or 2+ years of experience in financial services industry
- 2+ years of training and development experience
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position