McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Auditor, Treasury
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Auditor to join the Corporate Audit Services team. The Principal Auditor will perform professional internal auditing work that involves conducting operational, financial and risk management audit projects. The Principal Auditor will be responsible for maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Perform major components of audit engagements under the supervision of the auditor- in-charge. Perform risk assessments of business activities, potential exposures and the materiality of loss. Design and perform appropriate audit procedures to verify the effectiveness of controls.
- Design and execute internal control testing for operations of moderate complexity. Perform and often plan audit tasks of moderate difficulty, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements.
- Begin communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
- You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know how, so you’ll want to ensure that technology doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience auditing, at least 3 years of experience in treasury, at least 3 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 3 years of experience in risk management, or a combination.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 2+ years of experience in banking, 2+ years of experience in financial services, or 2+ years in a professional services firm serving clients in large banks
- 1+ years of experience in investment portfolio, derivatives, and funding
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.