Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Principal Biosensor Engineer, to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., Vistakon® Division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Principal Biosensor Engineer leads the research, development, and testing of sensors, circuits, and systems as part of innovative product development. This position works with internal and external groups to demonstrate prototype sensor feasibility and to integrate sensors into products. Sensor transducers include chemical, biological, optical, acoustic, mechanical, electrical, RF, and MEMS technologies.
The Principal Biosensor Engineer fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Research and writing feasibility studies
- Design and simulation of circuits and systems
- Fabricating and collaborating to develop hardware prototypes
- Participating in and leading systems integration
- Testing and debugging of hardware and software from component to system levels
- Documenting requirements and performance
- Workflow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, and answering job-related questions in one or more areas
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in a related field or PhD is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in industry with biosensor projects is required.
- Prior experience with electrical test equipment is required, those devices might include: multimeter, oscilloscope, power supply, RF test equipment, probe station.
- Experience with programming languages computer-aided design, and analysis tools is required, may include: C,Java, Cadence, SPICE, SolidWorks, Agilent Design System, MATLAB, JMP, Minitab.
- Familiarity with microelectronics, semiconductor fabrication, design, packaging, test, software, and firmware is required.
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to team well with other engineers and scientists.
- This position is based in Jacksonville, FL and may require up to 20% travel (domestic and international).
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID