West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Brand Associate, Social Media Strategy (Small Business Segment)
Are you passionate about social media & digital content strategy? Have big-brand-building experience, but love the fast-pace of an entrepreneurial environment? Enjoy great storytelling? If you said yes, you may be a perfect match for the Principal Brand Associate Social Media Strategy role on Capital One Spark Business’ Content Marketing Team.
The Capital One Small Business team embraces social media and content marketing as a strategic means to develop its Spark Business Brand. We’re using social channels and digital content to educate, inspire and engage Business Owners to help them succeed and deepen our relationships with them.
In this role, you will manage strategy for all of Capital One’s Spark Business social media content, as well as the development process from end-to-end. This includes developing strategic intent for social posts, briefing creative teams, providing strategic guidance and guardrails for paid media support, and working with internal partners, as well as legal teams, to ensure we are publishing a regular cadence of brand-defining content that delivers on Spark’s strategy and brand standards.
You will collaborate extensively with editorial strategists, PR, community managers, digital channel owners, and analytics managers to execute impeccably against our “always on” content agenda. You’ll also develop and execute a robust test & learn agenda.
This strategic role shares out our results with stakeholder teams at all levels in the organization and in the day to day helps our content team continuously raise its game.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading and inspiring creative teams with great strategies, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, and influencing others across a variety of marketing functions. You’ll be the subject matter expert for social strategy and channel best practices for our team.
What you will do:
- Develops content calendar for all pre-planned social media content across a range of Small Business social channels in accordance with a content strategy.
- Plans strategic approaches to socially charged integrated campaigns.
- Briefs creative teams on new strategies and content needs, and manages the full process of delivering content that is produced on schedule.
- Leads meetings with other strategists, creatives, publishers, and social engagement associates.
- Circulates content for approvals to key stakeholders, including Legal.
- Facilitates continuous content performance optimization.
- Develops new strategies to achieve against specific business goals and thoughtfully recommends KPIs and benchmarks to help measure success.
- Works closely with the social engagement team to publish content and to develop strategic approaches to real-time content.
- Creates a test-and-learn agenda to gain insights on our work and to ensure we’re continuing to delivering best-in-class content across all channels.
- Interacts directly with key partners and influencers to acquire content assets such as approved copy and approved imagery.
- Liaises with compliance and risk teams as needed to assure policies and procedures are met in publishing to channels.
- Stewards paid media budget according to an agreed upon strategy.
- Reports out monthly and quarterly on content and campaign performance.
What you will bring:
- Stays abreast of innovations and changes in key social platforms.
- Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, editing and copywriting skills and professional writing experience.
- Relationship management and influence skills, including with vendors/suppliers and a range of internal stakeholders.
- Experience with social media platforms and services including social media listening, publishing and monitoring technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or other creative content software.
- Experience in Journalism, PR or Marketing Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing or communications.
- At least 2 years of experience with social media/social media marketing.
- At least 1 year of Project management experience.
- At least 1 year of Financial services experience.
- At least 1 year of experience using content marketing platforms.
- At least 2 years of basic knowledge of SEO techniques.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.