GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Principal Business Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Longmont, Chicago, Houston, Kansas City
GE Oil & Gas Digital is seeking a Principal, Business Architect focused on the Downstream (Refining, Petrochemical, Chemical) oil and gas segment to help provide thought leadership and technical excellence for oil and gas engagement teams, who will be focused on building out its Asset Performance Management (APM) Predix-enabled solutions to the world's oil and gas customers.
If you are the type of person who wakes up and thinks "how can I help my customers succeed, while bringing my deep and extensive technical expertise to the table to guide them?" then this role is for you. Considered a thought leader and technical expert for the segment, the Principal will be the person who is called upon to provide technical guidance and direction for the customer they are passionately engaging with. They will enable the customer to understand a broader technical solution roadmap for their assets, processes & facilities, and will direct the customer to the optimal use cases to both drive successes for the customer and drive the oil and gas downstream product roadmap. In addition, the Principal will work with the Senior Manager, Customer Engagements for downstream to identify successful outcomes that align to industry standards, and drive towards repeat account engagement.
You will report to the Senior Director, Customer Solutions, and work through the delivery of insights, data-driven solutions, and custom projects that will drive our product roadmaps. You will be the trusted guide for our customers who are adopting oil and gas' Predix-enabled APM solutions, leading them on the journey from prototyping, proof of concepts, and pilots, to onboarding and advanced usage and advocacy. You will undertake thought leadership activities, such as white papers, presentations, and industrial journal articles. You will need to become an oil and gas Predix-enabled APM expert, so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value and usage of each part of the solution.
In this role, you will:
* Be the primary owner of the thought leadership and downstream product roadmap alignment or acceleration related to customer engagement, where you will drive holistic and effective solutions scoping so that customers maximize the value they get from their engagement journey regarding oil and gas Predix-enable APM solutions from the prototyping, proof of concept, pilot and production phases.
* Work with the Senior Director Customer Solutions and Senior Manager, Business Architecture, to build out the client engagement phasing and execution plan, aligned to GE APM, and advancing future roadmap items.
* Establish yourself as the industrial expert for your segment, and provide thought leadership session for client engagement phasing and execution objectives.
* Build value-based relationships with your customer ensuring that they remain satisfied as a GE customer.
* Identify missing technologies or ecosystem partners to further advance the overall segment roadmap.
* Draft and report on your customer success plan for engagement activities and illustrate the path to success through scorecards.
* Advocate internally and lead initiatives that will deliver additional value for our customers.
* Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college. Technical/Engineering degree preferred.
* 15+ years of professional experience in technical/operations/engineering roles in the oil and gas industry with increasing responsibility and scope.
* Ideally, candidate would have additional experience in customer-centric engagement or consultative roles, such as management consulting, sales engineering, or business development.
* Ideally, candidate would have experience driving thought leadership activities, or is strongly willing to learn and is comfortable with establishing themselves as an expert.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel +50%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA,
Chicago, IL, Longmont, CO, Houston, TX, or Kansas City, Kansas.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* A true passion for customers and Customer Success with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand at a deep and fundamental level the true problem that the customer stakeholder landscape is aiming to solve, and guide them to problem definition before solutioning.
* Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites.
* Ability to identify value-based solutions with the customer, and handles account issues at the highest of professional standards, and can juggle multiple requests from customers - from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases, to digging in to a process flow diagram or customer engineering data and understanding their outcomes.
* Seen as a preeminent expert by the customer regarding their plants and operations. Is willing to teach internal teams and coach global teams on typical failure modes and scenarios within a customer environment, document these, and introduce them to product roadmaps.
* Creative and curious learner who listens to customers, and is eager to understand their overall internal journey and strategies, and how GE can support and enhance their strategies. Strong willingness to learn core GE technologies and teach customers.Additional Expertise:
* Significant and deep technical oil and gas experience in segment is a plus.
* Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired.
* MBA or Technical Masters/PhD is a plus.
* Experience with project management processes (PMBOK processes) is a plus.
* Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.