The Cyber Insurance Group is a new San Francisco-based team within Symantec dedicated to establishing Symantec as the globally leading partner to the cyber insurance industry. Using the most comprehensive commercial source of cyber security data in the world, we are creating new Big Data products for insurers and establishing product partnerships that leverage our existing product portfolio. This is a rare opportunity to shape the future of cyber insurance, which is one of the fastest growing commercial insurance lines in recent history, as well as the future of cyber security and how the world's leading institutions mitigate and transfer cyber risk.
Location: San Francisco
1. Support cyber insurance and security research: monitoring and analysis of cyber incidents, quantification of economic impacts, statistical aspects of cyber events
2. Support the product development teams in various respects: analysis support, curation of datasets and component development.
3. Collaborate with a cross-functional team consisting of actuaries, engineers, data scientists, product managers and researchers to advance Symantec's cyber insurance solution
1. Advanced degree (MS) in Economics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics from a top university
2. 2+ years of experience in finance, consulting, or technology industries employing quantitative analysis techniques
3. Demonstrable expertise in communicating research results, assumptions and methodologies to the product development teams
1. Strong command of spreadsheet modeling, reliable coding skills (Python preferred), and basic understanding of databases
2. Experience delivering quality output at a fast-paced startup, investment bank, or consulting environment strongly preferred
3. Experience with insurance and/or cyber security strongly preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.