Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Principal Business Process Advisor
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
As a Principal Business Process Advisor, your role ensures the team has the processes and tools they need to deliver on professional services project commitments, while tracking on-going execution and delivery of projects.
You will work to integrate multiple service management toolset and processes into GE Digital's instance of ServiceNow, a centralized service management toolset. In addition, you will design and oversee processes and standards for the centralized toolset. You will also act as a process advocate and ensure that GE Digital processes adhere to controls and standards as needed.
* Identify and share internal / external best practices and ideas to improve project execution, processes, and quality
* Design, develop, and control processes on the centralized service management platform
* Work with business units and teams to implement processes and process changes while adhering to established standards
* Assist in developing process and service management standards; provide process control
* Migrate businesses and teams to ServiceNow
* Drive project execution process training, awareness, adherence, and governance
* Drive all process quality and ISO compliance activities; represent GE Digital in all internal & external process audits
* Ensure visibility to key process & project health indicators
* Benchmark project execution processes and performance
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience; or 5 years professional experience
* 3 years experience working with ServiceNow or other service management system
* 3 years experience working with ITSM processes
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel up to 20%
* This position will ideally be located in an office NY, MI, CA or IL, but open to the right candidate working remotely.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* ITSM certified
* 3 years experience working with ServiceNow in a design capacity
* Deep knowledge of one or more ITSM processes
* ID, champion internal/external best practices to improve project execution, quality
* Drive disciplined approach to project governance, ensuring visibility to KPIs such as velocity, customer sat, performance to plan
* Drive awareness, adherence, and continuous improvement
* Align, assess project execution vs. defined Quality Management, ISO certification standards
* Knowledge sharing - good, bad
* Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
* Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly. Ability to interact with the customer demonstrating expertise and insight, and manage expectations. Identify and report when there is deviation on scope, schedule or budget. Exceeds quality requirements and adapts to ensure standards are met in all situations.
* Identifies inefficient processes and provide improvements
* Helps manager and peers to create strategies to identify and understand in depth client needs beyond a cursory level (both known and latent); assists with collection and analysis of customer data.
* Drives process adoption and usage across GE Businesses and teams
* Provide process governance; be a process advocate for platform adopters
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Navigates accountability in a matrixed organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
* Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data.
* Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill.
* Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals.
* Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems.
* Proactively coaches and/or mentor's others to improve their contribution to the team.
* Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team.
* Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title.
* Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
* Creates meaningful stories and two-way communications that drive behavior.
* Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize.
* Describes functional area information to leaders.
* Coaches others on effective presentation skills.
* Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results.
* Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
* Leads customers to take ownership of explaining their business problems through mutual understanding; engages customers by creating exciting dialogue.
* Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.