The database security group is chartered to provide security infrastructure components for Oracle product groups and develop security products and solutions for Oracle customers. Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group has been innovating and extending the lead on our competitors. We develop core database security infrastructure and functionality in database that address emerging security challenges for enterprise level applications. Cloud security, homeland security, privacy, compliance, defense and healthcare are among the areas that benefit from the technologies we develop.
We have exciting opportunities in the development of a brand new end-to-end database security platform for the next generation enterprise applications. This infrastructure spans from database kernel to middle-ware and applications, and seamlessly integrates database, application server, identity management and application development. It aims to provide a powerful and uniform data security service for cloud-based and on-premise enterprise applications. With centerpiece in the database, the scalable and secure system involves extensive design and integration with major components on Oracle technology stack from RDBMS kernel to JavaEE and platform security, Identity Management, application frameworks, and cloud integration. It's also being expanded to support open source middle-ware and applications.
- Design and implement major features for security policy administration for database applications
- Design and implement web-based GUI for policy administration for database applications
- Familiar with Oracle database administration, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and hands-on problem solving capabilities
- 3 years of experience in application development and user interface design
- BS degree in computer science and engineering, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Proficient in C/C and/or Java
- Experience in LDAP and identity management
- Experience in building web applications in JavaEE
- Application development experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX)
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.