McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Cash Associate
The role will focus on managing daily cash activity in Capital One’s Federal Reserve bank accounts, US and Canadian correspondent bank accounts, assisting with Treasury system enhancements, facilitating intercompany lending, and building relationships with traders and other business partners. The role will also involve building awareness of team processes with business partners and increasing knowledge of company-wide cash activities to inform daily processes and forecasting.
- Establish daily cash positions to support daily funding decisions
- Run cash position models that record disbursement and receipt activity, concentrate subsidiary bank funds, and compute and record daily cash balances
- Interact with front office traders throughout the day to communicate changes in projected closing cash balances and discrepancies in forecasted settlements
- Partner with settlements reconciliation, compliance, and corporate accounting teams to execute and reconcile cash transactions
- Act as an advisor on Treasury matters related to bank account openings, closings and banking product recommendations
- Support new cash management processes and requirements as necessary to comply with changing regulations
- Manage and report on daylight overdraft limits and usage
- Support cash management integration for acquired businesses and new business activities
- Become subject matter expert for corporate (non-customer) cash transactions and most efficient placement of cash
- At least 5 years of experience in cash management
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- 5 years of experience in banking cash management
- CTP designation
- Experience with Treasury software, preferably SunGard Quantum
- Understanding of the Federal Reserve system and funds settlement
- Experience presenting complex information to senior leadership
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.