Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Process Engineer, are to:
Who you are
- Assist plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability and operability;
- Serves as the Muskegon site MOVE champion, and develop cost savings and productivity improvement measures;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Propose designs and executes plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of capital projects - interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (Facilities, Process control system (PCS) and Project Engineering, Environmental Operations, Process Development, etc.);
- Prepare materials for and assists in conducting operator training;
- Create, maintain and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram/Drawing (P&IDs), operating data collection and retrieval, etc.).
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with eight (8) plus years of experience, M.S. with six (6) plus years of experience, or Ph.D. with four (4) years of experience;
- Broad technical background, excellent knowledge of the chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend and make complex decisions;
- Broad background in technical standards and Recognized and Generally Acceptable Engineering Practices (RAGAGEPs) and experience to apply them to daily tasks;
- Ability to work independently with little to no oversight;
- Ability to successfully lead or manage a team in an efficient, cost effective, and timely manner;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical areas;
- Excellent computer spreadsheet skills.
- Practical experience using process simulators, pipe flow models, heat transfer calculations and design of experiments.
Domestic Relocation Assistance Available
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location: