Job Description: Principal Engineer-Global Chiller VAVE engineering.
This position is a part of global chiller VAVE engineering team, who will work with product engineering and product management team to set up VAVE pipeline and drive on-time execution to achieve global chiller product cost competiveness throughout product life cycle via applying latest technologies, internal BBP and external benchmarking/tear down findings.Primary Responsibilities:
- Continuously work with chiller product and component groups to identify cost improvement opportunities via VAVE activities
- Drive implementation of VAVE opportunities to committed schedules
- Work with product engineering teams on setting up VAVE pipeline through entire product life cycle
- Coordinate global chiller benchmarking and tear down plans
- Organize VAVE workshops globally on a regular basis
- Coordinate product cost competitiveness analysis internally and externally and use this analysis to drive VAVE goals by product
- Work with product teams on summarizing and sharing VAVE best practices within global chiller teams
- Interface with GISC plants and PUR teams on managing cost saving opportunities and set up cost saving projects
#nextchapterJob Qualifications: Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related science OR Master's degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a related field OR Master's degree and two years' experience.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in refrigeration system and components (compressors, heat exchangers)
- Experience in a design and product development environment
- Basic understanding of fundamental business knowledge
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.