The mission of the Cloud Developer Advocacy team is to win the hearts and minds of Developers and IT Operators to secure the future of the platform. The Cloud Developer Advocacy team is first and foremost pivoted on enabling a healthy ecosystem for technical communities targeting Azure. Each team maps to a set of Azure services and open source technologies relevant to that technical audience. We will be opportunistic and hire for capability rather than by geography, we will still ensure we have great coverage in the United States and key WW geographies including London, Bangalore, Shanghai, and Tel Aviv. As a Cloud Developer Advocate, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft Azure. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers online, create amazing samples and content and will be focused on winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale.
• Create content, videos, and samples from beginner to best
practices that demonstrates how to develop, deploy, manage,
and scale Azure applications.
• Champion relevant Azure products and services to your target
community at conferences, meetups, coding bootcamps, online
forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
• Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field and
developers in community programs like Microsoft MVPs,
Docker Captains, Oracle Java Champions, etc.
• Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy
technical community, and collect and prioritize product
feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
• Win the hearts and minds of developers by building and/or
contributing to key OSS projects and building cool, useful, or
• Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth
in your community.
Experience and skills
• 5+ years of software development experience building web,
mobile and/or cloud applications.
• Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical
writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
• Passion for helping developers connect people and
communities through the cloud.
• A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will
make our developers and platform the most successful.
• Travel may be required depending on where local and national
developer events are held.
• Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer
evangelist, or external developer-focused role.
• Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social
media and blogging required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.