About Us and the Product
Do you envision an engine that can schedule and execute millions of tasks per second? Are you passionate about designing and implementing a zero downtime and fault tolerant distributed system? Do you love to see your contributions reaching potentially millions of users around the world? Do you dream of building something completely new from ground up? Are you one of those quality conscious engineers who give equal importance to writing great code but also write equally great automated tests for them? At Oracle, the Management Cloud Service (OMC) group is building a Orchestration Cloud Service to intelligently run millions of tasks and workflows to perform operations on systems that are in the cloud or on-premise. The engine will be deployed in the Cloud and on-premise.
About the Role
This position is located at our HQ, Redwood Shores, California. We are seeking a hands-on development engineer with a passion for high scalable distributed systems.
Candidates will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of first generation cloud orchestration service
• Coming up with innovative ideas to execute millions of tasks per second while satisfying 99.999% availability
• Working with ever changing product roadmap with broad set of usecases to go after
About the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate is a self-motivated engineer who can deal with complex problems without supervision. She/he loves to learn new cutting edge technologies. She/he needs to have solid software development experiences to help implement the first generation of cloud orchestration service.
Must qualifications for this position are:
• 6 years of software development experiences, especially in highly scalable, available and fault tolerant distributed systems
• Strong algorithmic skills
• Effective communication skills (written and spoken) and strong problem resolution skills
• Very good object-oriented programming skills, preferably Java
• Experience with technologies like Java EE, JPA/Hibernate, message queues, RDBMS
• Experience with Junit, build & dev ops tools
• Ability to work in a fast paced Agile development and rapid deployment in the Cloud/SaaS environment
• Strong inclination towards test driven development
• Effective in working with remote teams spread across time zones (USA, India, China)
• BS or MS in computer science or equivalent
Desirable qualifications for this position are (one or more):
• Understanding of micro service architecture and REST interface design
• Knowledge of Gradle/maven, Chef, WLS, Oracle DB, Jmockit, JMX, REST assured, SSL/OAuth, Kafka
• Experiences in scripting languages, such as bash, groovy, ruby is a plus
• Experiences with cloud platforms (AWS), cloud technologies/deployments
• Experience in continuous delivery, deployment and monitoring of cloud based services.
• Knowledge in open source Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop/HDFS, would be beneficial
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.