Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Communications Associate
You’ll primarily focus on managing communications for an internal audience and will develop content based on business strategies using the appropriate tools and channels. You’ll be a communications guru for the Technology team and will create, implement and innovate when it comes to communications strategies, channel management, presentations and other client specific projects. You can expect to manage day-to-day communications as well as participate in change initiatives. You’ll work to ensure you have a deep understanding of your audience so you can capture their attention and impact their behavior. And, you’ll be at the ready to work with our technologists on external opportunities including seeking out and vetting opportunities in concert with our PR team, creating content, and coaching speakers on the best way to convey their story as well as Capital One’s.
Additionally, you may be called upon to aid the Communications and People Programs Manager in Staffing Strategy programs.
What Success Looks Like
- You envisioned, built and executed on a multi-faceted communications plan leveraging new channels and engaging digital strategies
- You aid in creating and evangelizing the Financial Services Technology brand internally and externally
- Tech leadership views you as indispensable in crafting their stories to present internally and externally
- Our teams are in the know about what’s important and feel great about working here
- Partner communication teams see you as a go-to within the department and know that you won’t go rogue but will always support and reinforce overarching company and line of business messaging
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to one-up yourself
- Change doesn’t scare you; you’re ready to take what comes, create well thought out change plans and act as an advocate for change
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism or a technology field
- 5 years of experience in communications
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills including the ability to present concepts verbally
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and communications
- Proficient with a plethora of communications tools – websites, video, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Communications experience with a technology organization
- Graphic arts – Photoshop, Illustrator, video animation
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of change management experience
Think you can help us dream, disrupt and deliver a better way when it comes to communications? Let’s talk.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities: Basic Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.