What you will do
This Principal Product Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the development of screw compressors and related products for the Industrial Refrigeration Industry. The individual will interface with Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing to implement new products, resolve issues and make improvements related to design and fabrication. This position also works closely with several engineering departments and the test lab. The individual works independently with minimal supervision.How you will do it
What we look for
- Maintains a very good understanding of engineering principles, theories, concepts, and processes.
- Provides clear technical direction to designers / drafters and reviews complex 3D models, schematics (electrical, piping, etc.), and drawings (assembly, machining, etc.).
- Relates applicable codes and standards to designs.
- Initiates product improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Develops test requests, procedures and validates results.
- Assists with return compressor evaluations and disposition of parts.
- Provides technical support for purchasing, marketing and sales.
- Provides technical support for manufacturing relative to assembly and test procedures.
- Provides technical support for other entities within Johnson Controls.
- Contributes to the on-time completion of programs and reports on the status of projects.
- Generates technical product documentation for engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and sales.
- Evaluates product quality issues and implements corrective action.
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
Qualified candidate must have a good understanding of theories, concepts, technical principles and processes related to mechanical and electrical aspects of compressors. He or she must demonstrate proficiency in mechanical design and be able to conceptualize and implement design ideas into the product.
- BS degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in screw compressor design or experienced in design of machined parts.
- A solid understanding of machine design concepts
- Travel requirements are minimal (i.e. less than 10%).
Who we are
- Understanding of fundamental business knowledge and Industrial Refrigeration systems.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.