Job DescriptionAt IMS, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don't simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader - a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We're committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IMS means you'll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
Works directly with clients to provide value added input and to deliver projects built around strategic issues. Has responsibility for ensuring delivery of high levels of client satisfaction. Typically works within a specific practice area, region and/or with an assigned client or clients. Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets.
- Primary owner of client engagements with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added solutions that address complex client issues.
- Responsible for significant and tangible client impact from all engagements. Seeks out and identifies new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients - ensures a continuous flow of business from client engagements.
- Takes lead role in proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients.
- Ensures the development of project plans and overall bid integrity.
- Manages client interface and project team to achieve efficient and effective project delivery.
- Negotiates project scope, Serves as a solutions-based expert, internally and externally, by applying consultative problem solving skills.
- Identifies issues of importance to the industry/clients and works with the Practice Leader to develop tangible and commercial offerings.
- Plays a significant role on account planning and strategy with IMS sales team. Maintains in-depth and extremely current knowledge of client's strategies, business issues and relationships from senior management on down.
- Remains current on industry, client and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues at assigned clients. Contributes to the enhanced awareness of IMS Consulting in the market place, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- May have responsibility for managing one or more Principals.
Minimum Education, Experience
- Bachelors Degree with at least 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/consulting industry. Masters degree preferred.
- In depth and long standing relationships with client companies, especially at a senior level. Requires deep expertise in one practice area yet has demonstrated capabilities across multiple practice areas.
- Requires demonstrated experience in leading cross practice teams in the capture of projects of significant size and scope.
- Possesses exemplary business development and project management skills
- Significant Systems Integration experience.
- 5+ years experiencein government pricing
- Experience/understanding of Medicaid
- Knowledge of Federal Supply Chain
- Ability tocalculate AMP, BP, ASP, 340B, Non-FAMP when necessary
- Proven skills drafting policies
- Sound data analytics experience
- Knowledge of pharma pricing and distribution model is a plus.
- Pharma government pricing experience (Medicaid) is a plus.
Organization Reporting and Scope:
- Reports to: Practice Leader or Country/Region Principal
- Management scope (number of full-time employees): 0 - 5
- Annual revenue scope (If applicable): $3M or more in annual business development revenue accountability.
- Project management responsibility for engagements >$1M.
- Utilization: 40 - 60%
Has broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. In-depth understanding of IMS data assets and the Consulting and Services core offerings. Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals. Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business, their interaction and the impact of external/internal influences on decision making, growth and decline. Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to functional area. Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and professional/trade associations key people and companies. Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and change management skills. Excellent interpersonal and networking skills. Values people's opinions and encourages knowledge sharing. High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm. Able to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities. Ability to profitably price engagements. Has strong client relationship and influencing skills.
Ideal candidates will reside near major airport and be willing to travel