Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Principal Data Analyst
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – Innovation, Data Management and Business Intelligence:
- Act as key data lead to leverage versatile technical capabilities to drive the development, evolution, and implementation of data products, which enable self-service by data consumers
- Explore industry trends, tools, and techniques in Open Source/Big Data/Digital domain
- Develop prototypes and run experimentation for business intelligence tools, solutions, and techniques
- Assist in development of standards and policies for business intelligence framework
- Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement
- Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
- Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
- At least 4 years of experience in at least one scripting language
- At least 4 years of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- 4+ years’ experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Business Objects)
- 4+ years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- 2+ years of experience delivering Data Governance and Data Quality Management concepts and practices within the financial services industry
- 2+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.