Job Location: Cary, NC
As a member of the Data & Application Services Team, the Principal Service Specialist is responsible for supporting Data & Application Services within MetLife. The Data & Application Services family includes, application servers, web servers, web services, monitoring, database, messaging and integration technologies, big data, vendor packaged applications, portals, content management, etc. The role will include collaborating on service strategy and roadmap, evaluating impact of technical strategy to service landscape, and leading continuous improvement projects to enhance all aspects of the service.
- Assists with defining the strategy for services within the Data & Application Services Portfolio.
- Partners across IT to create and document a comprehensive picture of the requirements for services, and ensures service capabilities align with business needs.
- Creates and maintains platform landscapes to forecast the impact of current and proposed projects to the landscape.
- Works with capacity management and development teams to forecast and report on demand.
- Establishes visibility into and maintains an understanding of service cost pools and be able to speak to the impact of service changes to service rates.
- Organizes and chairs formal service level, initiative and financial review meetings with relationship managers and IT providers.
- Develops performance metrics/KPIs and reports on key services metrics.
- Collects feedback from service users to identify and prioritize service improvements.
- Researches competitive offerings from external providers to align service capabilities, costs, and to maintain awareness of industry trends.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or other related fields. In lieu of Bachelor’s, an additional 4 years of work experience is required.
- 10+ years of broad IT experience, including middleware engineering/support
- Ability to lead a cross functional virtual team
- A solid understanding of application servers, databases (both relational and non-relational), web servers, messaging and integration technologies, etc.
- Strong business acumen with broad exposure to business units and strong relationship building skills
- Experience with IT budget planning processes and chargeback methodologies
Enterprise Infrastructure - Service Management
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40902
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.