Oracle is currently looking for an Operations Product Manager for the Oracle Cloud Operations team focusing on Oracle Cloud architecture. This role will work closely, Support, Oracle Consulting Services, and third party partners and be primarily responsible for championing Oracle Cloud Operations requirements across the Oracle Cloud Services portfolio.
Additionally, this role will also work on effective documentation and communication of Cloud Operations service capabilities to internal stakeholders, external prospects, and customers. As Oracle is a global company, this role will require occasional travel.
Architectural standards across Oracle Cloud business assets are key in enhancing operational efficiencies, and maintaining a competitive market edge.
Responsible for driving alignment of operational processes, product enhancements, and new product development to meet a unified cloud strategy.
Responsible for participating in product review boards, and acting as the primary contact person in the area of architectural oversight, best practices and standards, and providing education and information to both internal resources and external clients.
Provide tactical and strategic planning and direction for the Cloud Operations team; help refine Oracle Cloud architectural practices and standards; develop detailed work plans and status reports; conduct team meetings, review team deliverable and manage execution of team plans; ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Provide business & technical guidance to senior leadership, business unit leadership, and other internal stakeholders;
- Become trusted advisor and contribute to raising operational risk and gaps in cloud strategy based on industry best practices, and customer requirements
- Conduct technical assessments of business and technology units on a periodic basis to determine adherence to cloud standards and identify potential gaps
- Develop and maintain detailed architecture diagrams for Oracle Cloud services
- Provide recommendations for product enhancements, and potential complimentary solutions to the Oracle Cloud portfolio
- Manage the development of those solutions from initial concept and research through implementation
- Create proposal and based on identified standardization opportunities within the existing cloud properties
Oracle Cloud offers enterprise ready SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services delivered over the internet. Oracle Cloud Operations group's mission is to operate a Premier Cloud Computing Service delivering on the Mission Critical requirements of Enterprise IT.
This role will Support pre-sales activities in the area of DC facility tours, executive briefings, Operational SLA's and Operational capabilities. The ideal candidate for this position will be versed in how operations function and presenting to and discussing operational details with the field and customers.
The ideal candidate will should also have a good understanding of Oracle's various Cloud solutions across it's portfolio of SaaS, PaaS & IaaS and be able to support customers questions in which Oracle operates them. The candidate will be well versed with powerpoint presentations and contribute to the maintenance of various internal Confluence sites for knowledge management. The individual must be willing to conduct data center facility tours and have an understanding of data center architecture and environmentals.
Experience, Skills, Academic Requirements:
- Act as the representative of Oracle Public Cloud operations to field facing teams, including consultants, account teams, CSMs on strategic and complex accounts
- Responsible for participating in product review boards, and acting as the primary contact person in the area of architectural oversight, best practices and standards, and providing education and information to both internal resources and external clients
- Represent operations to executives by participating in CVC (Customer Visits) for strategic deal
- Answer field questions related to operational practices and standards
- Conduct solution reviews for complex and strategic deals to ensure alignment to operational standards, identify solution gaps, and work with internal stakeholders to address any potential exceptions
- Create re-usable content and collateral based on previous deals, solutions and information gathered from field engagements, and conduct regular training sessions to the extended cloud ops strategy team
- Perform the responsibilities of a Strategy/Product Mgr. acting as a customer facing advocate for cloud operations
- Represent operations in strategic and complex deals to ensure alignment with Oracle Public Cloud delivery standards
- Must be comfortable presenting and talking about SLA, Operational capabilities on key customer accounts
- • Bachelor's Degree required
- CBCP, MBCP, MBCI also required
- Experience in a customer facing role, with experience presenting to executive level individuals
0% - 25% Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.