Intuit is seeking a Principal Data Scientist to join our Innovation and Advanced Technology Group in Mountain View, CA.
The Innovation team develops game changing technologies and experiments that redefine and disrupt our current product offerings. You'll be building and prototyping algorithms and applications on top of the collective financial data of 60 million consumers and small businesses. Applications will span multiple business lines, including personal finance, small business accounting, and tax.
You thrive on ambiguity and will enjoy the frequent pivoting that's part of the exploration. Your team will be very small and team members frequently wear multiple hats.
In this position you will have close collaboration with the Innovation & Advanced Technology Group's engineering and design teams, as well as the product and data teams in business units. Your role will range from research experimentalist to technology innovator to consultative business facilitator. You must be comfortable partnering with those directly involved with big data infrastructure, software, and data warehousing, as well as product management. In this role, you'll
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets.
- Apply data mining, NLP, and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to improve relevance and personalization algorithms.
- Work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and designers in designing experiments and minimum viable products.
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them "model-ready". You need to be willing and able to do your own ETL.
- Create and refine features from the underlying data. You'll enjoy developing just enough subject matter expertise to have an intuition about what features might make your model perform better, and then you'll lather, rinse and repeat.
- Run regular A/B tests, gather data, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your optimizations and communicate results to peers and leaders.
- Explore new design or technology shifts in order to determine how they might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver.
Preferred Additional Experience
- MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, etc.).
- 5+ years experience with data science.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as R or Python with scikit-learn.
- Effecient in SQL, Hive, or SparkSQL, etc.
- Comfortable in Linux environment
- Expertise in data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, recommender systems, sequential pattern discovery, and text mining.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Apache Spark
- The Hadoop ecosystem
- HP Vertica
- TensorFlow, reinforcement learning
- Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, and other topics in the Machine Learning community
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Data Scientist Data Architect Senior Data Scientist Data Engineer Senior Data Scientist See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.