Would you like to be part of an exciting emerging venture with Oracle, leveraging the latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces? As the industry's leading Cloud Applications provider, Oracle is developing next-generation Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud offerings that blend third-party data with real-time analytics and behavioral inputs to create Cloud Applications that adapt and learn. The result: "Adaptive Intelligent Applications"
that automatically offer individualized recommended actions and streamline the tasks of business users such as human resource or finance professionals.
These next-generation Cloud offerings are based on the insights contained within Oracle's Data Cloud, which is a collection of more than 5 billion consumer and business profiles, with over 45,000 attributes. When activated, these new Adaptive Intelligent Applications
use Oracle's web-scale data and apply advanced data science to learn and ingest data about an organization's users and their behaviors to deliver targeted information to customers and employees. The insights from these deep analytics build a knowledge base that helps improve business results across organizations. The Opportunity
Oracle is seeking data scientists at all levels to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use data from Oracle's Data Cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining and machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our apps.
This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, successful candidates should be able to:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture.
- Collaborate across a number of development teams as we leverage technology and solutions from them to deliver our applications
- Work globally in a geographically dispersed team
Technically we are seeking brilliant and diverse individuals with exposure (but not limited) to some of the following:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, we like scikit-learn
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL,
- Experience with NoSQL databases, we use HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills Data-oriented personality
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 5 years in Data Science, Machine Learning, Quant Analyst or similar related experience (Kaggle).
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and work on a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.
Please visit https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/adaptive-intelligent-apps
for more information about Oracle Adaptive Intelligent Apps
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.