Principal Data Scientist Lead - Cloud AI
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Posted: January 03, 2018
Reference ID: 1078700
Join the excitement of Artificial Intelligence in the Cloud at Microsoft! We are a fast-paced data science team in the Cloud Artificial Intelligence Platform Group, building deep learning powered intelligent tools and end-to-end solutions for scenarios in diverse enterprise and consumer verticals. We are looking for a data scientist lead who is passionate about data and wants to apply machine learning, deep learning techniques to solve real-world problems for enterprises and consumers in text and image AI problems. You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes, and various formats including tabular, image/video, audio, text.
In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in deep learning, machine learning, distributed systems, program management and partner product teams, and work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of deep learning enabled solutions, including problem definition, data acquisition, exploration, training, testing and evaluating deep learning models, and creating end-to-end pipelines and solutions in production.
• B.S degree. M.S or Ph.D preferred. Computer science, Electrical engineering, Statistics, Math, Physics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, etc.
• 5+ years of experience building advanced analytics solutions in the industry using techniques from machine learning, data science, statistics, optimization, large scale computing etc.
• 1+ years leading teams.
• Experienced in building analytic solutions in one or more domains like Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, Energy, Marketing, IoT scenarios etc.
• Experience in any of the deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, CNTK, Theano, Caffe, Torch, H2O).
• System-level knowledge of deep learning (such as GPU or FPGA implementations) a plus
• Solid understanding of analytic tools such as Python, R SAS, SPSS, KNIME, RapidMiner etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead a team of data scientists, software engineers, solution architects and program managers.
• Experience working with customers and partners in a collaborative manner
• Publications in related fields (deep learning, machine intelligence, data mining, etc.) preferred
• Demonstrated customer focus and good bias for getting things done, fast and right, engaging for action and delivering results fast and with quality.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.