Every day at Oracle we are changing the way the world does business and challenging the status quo by delivering innovative cloud, infrastructure and data solutions. Oracle continues to push the boundaries of technology and we have delivered the industry's most comprehensive enterprise platforms. Oracle's Advanced Analytics (OAA) solution is one of the markets most comprehensive analytics platforms for real-time analytics that delivers insight into key business subjects such as churn prediction, product recommendations, and fraud alerting. Oracle's Advanced Analytics helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing agility, lowering costs and reducing complexity. Learn more about Oracle's Advanced Analytics here:
Oracle Advanced Analytics wants you to join our team of highly motivated Engineers responsible for building cutting edge solutions that tackle some of the most challenging problems business currently face. As a Principal Member of Technical Staff
you will be a key contributor to our elite engineering team and have the opportunity to use your excellent analytics and computer science skills to innovate. In this role you will develop Database Advanced Analytics with a focus on Oracle R Enterprise technology. This role has broad responsibilities including building Enterprise level Predictive Analytics platforms, developing scalable Analytic Algorithms and deploying technology across various platforms for large scale data.
Oracle Advanced Analytics extends the Oracle Database into a comprehensive advanced analytics platform. Oracle R Enterprise technology is a key component of well-marketed OAA product that leverages both R statistical programming language and Oracle database server performance to deliver an in-database analytics environment for R and SQL users. This unique environment allows users to scale analytics across database servers with extreme performance and a variety of state-of-art data mining algorithms as well as prowess of R. RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Design, develop, enhance, and troubleshoot database analytics software product
- Develop key components of statistical and analytic platform for Oracle R enterprise
- Design and implement novel analytic features not limited to standard data mining technology
- Bridge and incorporate analytic capability between R and database
- Understand use cases, write functional specifications and design documentation and assist with feature documentation.
- Work with QA to define test plans and write 1st level feature tests
- Work with external groups such as database core and cloud teams to solve issues related to OAA product
- Assist custom-facing people to investigate and resolve user problem
- Transfer of knowledge and expertise to other team professionals within the organization
- 5 years' experience as a Software Developer with design and implementation experience.
- 4 years' experience coding in C and/or C and Scripting including SQL, R, Python, Shell, Bash or related.
- 4 years' professional level experience with Analytics and/or Database product development on large scale data sets.
- In depth Knowledge of statistical/predictive analytics with statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning and/or numerical analysis technology.
- Knowledgeable in Market Analytics Products including Oracle data mining, SAS, SPSS, RapidMiner and/or KNIME.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related course of study.
- Understanding of Database Systems and Middleware Infrastructure Development.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related course of study.
- Work independently & collaboratively, be self-motivated, and passionately curious about the product inside out.
- Excellent problem investigation and solving skills, attention to detail, and a desire to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and appropriately to target audiences, both in writing and verbally.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.