As a principal DEVOPS engineer, you will be working collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our service, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
You will also be asked to provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology as well as mentoring engineers in the DEVOPS team. Part of the charter will also entail recommending and justifying major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
• Help drive the execution of monitoring, uptime availability, configuration management, performance tuning and capacity planning.
• Provide technical leadership to a team of DevOps engineers
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams to bring about scalability, reliability and cost of ownership improvements to existing infrastructure and architecture
• Drive, Define, and Implement monitoring services for data centers to incorporate key quality indicators (KQI) and meet customer SLAs
• Define, scope, and track operations projects including capacity planning hardware procurement and deployment, etc.
• Work closely with the development, quality assurance, and product management teams, to ensure the timely delivery of software releases and patches.
• Identify tactical issues and emerging areas of concern Follow Agile Development methodology and active participation in Scrum meetings.
• 3-5 years of experience in managing SaaS deployments
• Experience with AWS or any public cloud (Azure, GCE etc) is a must
• Strong background in Linux Administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services such as Jenkins, Github, Pagerduty etc
• Strong experience with NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Cassandra / Spark / Solr
• A working understanding of code and script (Bash, Python)
• Knowledge of best practices and DEVOPS methodologies in an always-up, always-available service
• Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to detecting and resolving issues.
• Comfortable working with in a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Educational qualifications: • BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.