Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Apply a solid understanding of theories/practices in Electrical Engineering toward the development of new or sustaining products from conception through product implementation. Under general supervision analyzes, designs, develops, evaluates, modifies and tests electrical and electro-mechanical assemblies and components. As part of a team participates in all engineering activities in the design and development of medical devices.
- Design and verify analog and digital electronic circuits for micro-controller based system within an electro-mechanical medical device as related to the support of existing on-market and future next generation devices.
- Create detailed device hardware and sub-system specifications based on user needs, use cases, and system requirements.
- Develop electrical designs to meet all of the specifications and parameters as per the design specifications.
- Provide Circuit analysis including worst case, tolerance, and failure mode analysis.
- Ability to provide direction and review PCB layouts
- Designs to meet regulatory requirements as determined by FDA, ISO, and IEC standards.
- Design and development of motor controls and associated circuits.
- Integrate and design of sensing systems and associated circuits required for sensor operation.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience as related to a final assembly of an electro-mechanical device.
- Lead, participate and address open items from design reviews as related to electrical design, verification, and system/device certification.
- Develop sub-system verification and validation documents and/or protocols to support new and existing electrical design Qualifications :
- B.S. or M.S in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years engineering experience as an electrical engineer.
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts:
- Analog electronics analysis and design
- Systems analysis and design
- Circuit design and printed circuit board design including designing for manufacturability and EMC
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Design review and documentation process
- Ability to create and analyse circuits and schematics
- Plus regarding previous experience in sensor and/or motor control design
- Electro-mechanical experience in the area of control circuits and component specification is desired. Familiarity with FDA and/or ISO-9000 design requirements is desired.
- Detail-oriented and able to think critically about possible solutions to problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with mechanical, software, system engineering, and quality.
- Ability to inform management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business activities and cost implications
Equal Employment Opportunity
Discrimination in hiring, promotion and all other employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other basis protected by Federal, state or local laws is prohibited. Puerto Rico laws also prohibit discrimination based on social and political ideas.
As a federal contractor, Baxter is also subject to Executive Order 11246. In addition to prohibiting discrimination, this Executive Order also requires Baxter to be an Affirmative Action employer.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Click here for more information, including how to request an accommodation.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.