Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position is for a Principal Electrical Engineer supporting the Integrated Pharmacy Solutions franchise which is responsible for developing and sustaining pharmacy compounding systems. The position provides support for project teams to introduce new products, improve products, and transfer products into production as well as sustaining products throughout their lifecycle. The role provides review and approval of complex design concepts with systems engineering experience and provides general direction to project teams based on technical expertise. The role also utilizes a solid understanding of the theories and practices from multiple disciplines to perform complex tasks within boundaries of quality, time and budget.
Supervision Exercised: The role performs as an individual contributor for the Electrical Engineering discipline dedicated to Integrated Pharmacy Solutions products. May oversee the work of internal or external resources that may have less experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the successful integration of software with electromechanical and consumable components.
- Lead the development of embedded software; including SW requirements development, code development and optimization, unit and integration testing, SW risk and reliability analysis, root cause analysis and CAPA investigations.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of electrical and software architectures.
- Support the sustainability and life cycle management of an existing product.
- Lead troubleshooting and problem solving techniques using DMAIC methods as related to electrical and software aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Improve electromechanical designs that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Execute change packages for DMR and DHF documentation
- Perform in-depth analysis and root cause investigations.
- Approve protocols and support documentation (engineering change requests, system change forms, etc.) in order to secure project release.
- Define the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of designs.
- Coordinate test activities with other engineering disciplines, including external development partners.
- Initiate, develop and lead technical feasibility analysis where new and unproven methods and technologies are required.
- Ability to apply system engineering skills with basic understanding of solution, disposable, software and electro-mechanical device interactions
- Hands-on electromechanical products design, development and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with software control of electro-mechanical devices and analog sensor input.
- Familiarity with printed circuit board design and manufacturing.
- Experience with multiprocessor embedded systems.
- Knowledge of serial communication standards such as I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Experience with hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog.
- Ability to design and analyze analog and digital circuits.
- Familiar with electrical circuit simulation tools such as PSPICE.
- Able to troubleshoot complex interactions at a system level between hardware and software.
- A demonstrated track record in embedded software development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products such as military or automotive hardware.
- Experience with regulated software engineering disciplines (software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).
- Experience with ARM microprocessor architectures
- A solid technical understanding of the principles of software engineering (SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
- Experience with C, C++, and assembly, in a Linux and Windows development environment.
- Experience with real time operating systems.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
A BS in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Experience should include at least 5+ years of relevant technical experience.
#LI- AS1-P Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.