Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Summary
The candidate shall develop, maintain, and enhance C/C++ in embedded environment. Strong knowledge in C/C++ embedded systems development on Linux is a must. Strong knowledge in other embedded languages and OS is desired. The candidate shall write and review design documents, and shall participate in full development life cycle of the product. In addition, the candidate shall provide technical support and solutions to address customer issues. Job Responsibility
Job Qualifications: Education/Experience
- Embedded Software Development: 40%
- Embedded Software Maintenance: 40%
- Write and Review Design Documents : 20%
An ideal candidate will also have some of the following:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- A qualified candidate will have at least two of the following:
- At least 5 years experience in design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of C/C++ multi-threading embedded application on embedded Linux platforms such as image flash, U-boot, web server...
- Experience in implementing and customizing drivers such as NIC (10/100MB, 1GB) driver.
- Experience in implementing data communication protocols.
- Experience in implementing RAS communication.
A qualified candidate MUST HAVE all of the following:
- Know how to setup the firmware build system under Linux to guide the release engineering team.
- Know how to setup, configure, and give the team instruction for how to use source control under Linux
- Know how to setup automated tests
- Familiarity with standard linux tool in a cross compilation environment (make,gcc)
- Experience with BuildRoot
- Experience with u-boot
- 6 to 10 recent years experience in design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of Linux images for embedded devices.
- Strong experience in board bring-up.
- Strong experience in customizing and building Linux images including Linux tool chains, BSPs, libraries, cross compiling libraries into build system, and configure make files for cross compiling.
- Strong experience in implementing Linux kernel on embedded environments including researching, adding, and compiling Linux 3 rd party packages into the Linux kernel image.
- Strong experience in implementing/troubleshooting Linux non-kernel related things (without the benefits of GUI tools) such as bootloader, DHCP, RAS...
- Team player with Linux passion, high motivation, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.