Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Engagement Principal, Learning & Development Comcast Assurance & Advisory Team
With offices in Philadelphia, PA, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Denver, CO, and London, England, Comcast's Assurance and Advisory Team (CAAT) is a partner to Comcast's individual businesses, including Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, Comcast-Spectacor, and all corporate functions. CAAT independently helps these groups assess risk and improve the effectiveness of their business, financial and technology processes and internal controls. This involves assessing the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls and processes, the efficiency of operations, and compliance with laws and regulations, including deterring and investigating fraud. We are a diverse group looking for strategic thinkers and analytical problem-solvers who have a strong desire to grow their careers within a world-class organization. We encourage professional development and provide career path options both within the CAAT group and out into adjacent business units.
The CAAT Learning & Development (L&D) team is responsible for designing and facilitating processes, programs, resources and communications related to training, performance management and people development for a department of 100+ internal audit staff members. The Engagement Principal supports the Engagement Executive of Talent Development in developing and executing the strategic vision of the Learning and Development function.
Manages all aspects of the creation, execution and communication of L&D related programs and processes. Fosters a team oriented environment that develops a diverse and highly motivated professional staff with a passion for excellence. Demonstrates the ability to adapt and respond to changes in workload and/or scope by modifying plans and actions accordingly. Exhibits the highest degree of trust and integrity by continually leading and upholding the principles of professional standards.
- Responsible for managing the areas of staffing, recruitment, and on-boarding of new hires for the CAAT team. Conducts candidate assessment and interviews. Coordinates new hire on-boarding efforts.
- Responsible for the development, execution, facilitation and maintenance of department trainings, learning programs and resources, inclusive of both formal programs and ad-hoc requests.
- Develops and prepares training program components including objectives, content, activity design and supporting materials.
- Leads collaboration with CAAT department members regarding learning and professional development needs in order to create and/or identify relevant solutions.
- Educates department members on L&D related processes, resources, tools and policies. Leads training sessions.
- Facilitates people development processes including quarterly performance reviews, launch program, and internal professional development workshops.
- Supports handling of employee relations questions and concerns. Escalates as appropriate.
- Prepares clear, accurate, engaging and creative communications to the department.
- Develops and maintains L&D resources and reference information.
- Interacts with all levels of the CAAT department. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all CAAT and external department business partners.
- Provides timely performance feedback to team members.
- Identifies and communicates leading practices.
- Pursues continuous professional development through training, certifications or education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Performs other special projects and related duties, as assigned.
Educational, experience, and skill requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience. To include:
- Experience leading project management oriented initiatives and teams
- Experience in Learning & Development
- Combination of public accounting, management consulting and/or internal audit experience a plus.
- Advanced degree (e.g., Masters Degree) a plus.
- Exceptional project execution and time management skills including prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including written and verbal communications across different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and attention to detail, willingness to assist where necessary, and commitment to self-improvement.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Minimal travel may be required for business meetings and/or training.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer