Consulting Member of Technical Staff - Oracle Data Cloud (ODC)
Oracle Data Cloud: Powering connections to customers.
The Oracle Data Cloud enables companies to use data to inform and measure business decisions. We do it by providing Data as a Service, or DaaS, to help create connections to customers across channels and devices. The Oracle Data Cloud was created in 2014 through the acquisition of BlueKai and was expanded in 2015 through the acquisition of Datalogix. The BlueKai and Datalogix brands live on as products within the Oracle Data Cloud.
Join Oracle Data Cloud and be part of the team creating innovative and groundbreaking data-driven solutions for Marketing, Sales and Customer Intelligence.
As Sr. Software Engineer , you'll be using your object -oriented development expertise and database know-how on the data we ingest from hundreds of different companies, and the solutions you develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold. We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. (We are "truly" agile which means daily stand -ups and two- week iterations.) Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for Oracle offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
- • Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
- • Develop new programs and supporting existing programs in Linux and Windows environments.
- • Interact with the Oracle business and operations teams and facilitate working through technical implementation and
customer service issues.
- • Solve big data challenges. We work at multi-petabyte scale as we ingest data from hundreds of companies.
- • Work on high-volume, low-latency Internet solutions. We have real- time api's that receive 10 billion requests per day
from our partners and clients.
- • Develop service-based, server-side solutions in Java.
- • Develop in a variety of front-end techlogies: React, Flux, Backbone, Bootstrap, Grunt, Webpack
- • Incorporate best practices in testing technologies: Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Jasmine
- • Work with our analytics teams to develop predictive modeling and data mining algorithms on petabytes of data using
- • All development and production processing is done in the cloud. If you are not a cloud computing expert already, you will
become one. We use Amazon AWS and the Oracle Cloud.
- • Implement real-time streaming data pipelines on large volumes of data using Kafka and Spark.
- • Develop in a variety of database technologies; Hadoop, Cassandra, Redshift, Hive, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Desired Skills and Experience:
This is a world-class, career-building opportunity:
- • Work in an environment with colleagues who are as smart and driven as they are collaborative and fun
- • Seize the opportunity to have a direct impact on the development of constantly evolving, game-changing products and
- • Strategize with well-known thought leaders making a real impact in this ever-evolving industry
- • Stay on top of your game with professional development opportunities
What Oracle Data Cloud is best known for:
- • Industry-leading products and service solutions
- • Unique positioning in the advertising & marketing ecosystem
- • Longstanding relationships with high-profile advertisers and the biggest players in the digital-media advertising world
- • A visionary organization with an unmatched drive for excellence
- • A fast-paced, exciting culture giving employees the opportunity to work and play hard
- • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- • Development experience in Java is required
- • Other experience we look for includes: Python, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Big Data
- • Development experience in front-end applications is preferred
- • Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred
- • Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- • Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.