Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Participates in long term technology strategy activities by identifying new and emerging technologies to develop technology landscapes and roadmaps. Constructs technology recommendations for the Senior Management based on technical and market analysis.
1)Contributes to innovation activities as a subject matter expert in at least one specific topic relating to medical devices.
2) Maintains a proactive and creative approach, continuously devises new tools and processes to improve innovation capabilities.
3) With minimal guidance, manages multiple projects simultaneously including cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) and external partners to develop technology landscapes.
4 Synthesizes and integrates technical data with market assessment data, contributes to making sound long term technology recommendations.
5) Identifies and engages academic experts, key opinion leaders (KOLs) in advisory roles, and outside technology firms in scouting efforts.
Engineering or science degree. PhD in a related field is preferred. BS with at least 5-8 years of experience, MS with at least 2-5 years of experience.
1) Demonstrated curiosity and ability to move out of comfort zone.
2) Expertise in at least one aspect of emerging medical device technology.
3) Flexibility to lead when faced with ambiguity: ability to gather feedback, evaluate the critical actions and prioritize towards key objectives.
4)Significant skills to present concepts, results clearly and completely both in visual and oral forms
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.