Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The main responsibility for the candidate is to ensure that all the systems in device manufacturing are operational and running safely at all times. The engineer will make sure that the automated systems are functioning properly, producing quality products, and providing maximum output required by different manufacturing groups. Will work on VSM improvement opportunities with manufacturing
The candidate will be involved in the corporate strategic initiatives designed to achieve long term manufacturing and financial goals. He/ She will work on the controls and automation of manufacturing systems and will be in charge of designing and developing new automation solutions for the manufacturing processes. The engineer will be in charge of not only maintaining but also working on preventative and autonomous maintenance programs with manufacturing. Will support manufacturing to learn preventative steps in equipment to reduce down time for equipment. The candidate will be proactively working on ways to optimize production processes and reduce manufacturing costs while making sure that safety is not compromised by any modifications he/ she recommends.
Electrical troubleshooting, automation controls, PLC and instrumentation knowledge are essential requirements for this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC, software development)
- Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives
- This position requires excellent planning, project leadership, technical skills and communication to be successful in performing complex tasks and meeting project objectives
- Must be able to coordinate and resolve both interpersonal and technical problems and work independently
- Manage and drive outside automation vendors to achieve project goals. Develop project plans and convey concepts and specifications to work with process development and manufacturing.
- Work with production and maintenance personnel, support efforts to improve performance of manufacturing systems, e.g. yield, throughput, and maintenance needs
- Lead efforts to reach automation solutions with critical factors in consideration, such as ease of setup, changeover and maintenance, reliability, biocompatibility, contamination control and economy
- Must be able to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills, interact and interface with employees from other departments and outside vendors and consultants
- Proactively identify and manage Process Improvement Projects
- Keep up to date with automation technology developments, new trends, applications, equipment and suppliers. Apply knowledge to promote continuous improvement of production equipment.
- Experience with hardware: Allen Bradley PLCs SLC500, MicroLogicx, CompactLogicx, ControlLogix and HMIs
- Experience with software: Programming PLC and HMIs using RsLogix5000, RsLogix500, and RsView Studio ME/SE
- Familiarity with DeviceNet, Modbus TCP/IP and RS232, RS482/485 serial protocols, Industrial Network and Industrial servers, Microsoft server 2003, and 2008, Wonderware InTouch, Historian and InSQL
- Ability to read and develop Electrical schematics and blue prints, piping and instrumentation drawings. Ability to Troubleshoot process instrumentation and automation control systems.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis in a systematic way.
- Experience in electrical, control systems, and instrumentation troubleshooting such as, PH, temperature, conductivity, flow meters, and level sensors
- Experience in pneumatics, stepper/servo motors, drive systems, slide systems, and sensor technologies
- General knowledge of Optical, Fluidics, Electro-mechanical and Electronic devices and their applications
Education & Experience
- Degree in one of the following fields: electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or engineering physics
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 5-8 years related experience or M.S. Degree with 3-6 years of related experience
- Five years working in GMP or biomedical environment as an automation/controls engineer
#LI-BB1-P Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.