Job Location: Cary, NC
A candidate has been identified for this role.
The Principal Infrastructure x86 Engineer is responsible for providing third level design and support for all enterprise x86 platforms including operating systems (Windows, Red Hat) virtualization (VMware, Hyper-v, RHV), converged infrastructure, x86 hardware, storage and cloud based IaaS and PaaS platforms within the Distributed Engineering division of EI&A (Enterprise Infrastructure & Architecture). The role will include collaborating on x86 engineering strategy, developing engineering roadmaps and presenting idea/business cases in front of executive management and technical peers.
- The candidate must have an expert level knowledge in VMware virtualization and be familiar with EMC SAN storage management and VCE Vblock converged Infrastructure.
- The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Linux Red Hat (5.X, 6.X, 7.X) and Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016) server operating systems.
- Must be experienced in supporting x86 hardware platforms including, Cisco UCS, HP Proliant stand-alone and C7000 Blade systems technologies.
- Provides leadership in the development of system design specifications and deployment.
- Assists with defining the strategy for x86 platforms.
- Maintains working knowledge of adjacent technologies.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Active industry and technology involvement.
- Act in a mentoring or coaching capacity for team members as assigned.
- Technical documentation, white paper, POV and blog post.
- Conduct presentation at engineering roundtable or principal meeting.
- Act as an authority in respected technology space.
- Update MetLife Technology Stack (MTS) and roadmaps quarterly.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or Finance. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an additional 4 years of equivalent work experience would be acceptable.
- 10+ years of broad IT experience, including infrastructure engineering/support.
- Ability to lead a cross functional virtual team.
- A solid understanding of virtualization, cloud, storage, network, Unix, Windows and data center related technologies.
- Strong business acumen with broad exposure to business units.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Able to present idea/business case in front of executive management and technical peers.
- Able to compile supporting collateral, presentations, white papers, point of view (POV), and position papers to completion.
- ITSM experience preferable Service Now.
- Deep technical subject matter expert in one or more highly specialized phases of server, monitoring, storage and network engineering.
- Prefer: Experience in supporting a global enterprise a plus. Certification(s) in MCSE (2003, 2008, 2012), VMWare Certified Professional 5 or HP ASE Server Solutions Integrator V8, Zerto (ZCP), VCE – Vblock.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51841
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.