GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This opportunity is available for a person interested in leading the research, development, and delivery of clinical features for GE Healthcare's Anesthesia and Respiratory Care (ARC) products. The Principal Engineer, Clinical Insights bridges clinical needs with engineering solutions for the Anesthesia and Respiratory Care space. Coaches, mentors and develops the engineering community in process, career growth and technical excellence.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Responsible for identification of novel therapy delivery and analytic solutions for our patients and their caregivers as well as the process of researching, developing, and clearance through clinical trials.
2. This individual is expected to have regular contact with key customers and thought leaders within the perioperative and critical care spaces. Utilizing these, the Principal Engineer - Clinical Insights will translate clinical insights into technical solutions that produce customer valued product features.
3. Given this position's key role in innovation, the Principal Engineer - Clinical Insights also plays a key role in leading the development and protection of intellectual property. This role also includes leading strategies to build the clinical knowledge of our design engineering staff through partnerships with clinicians and creation of educational programs.
• One of the following: Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Computer), Computer Science or similar technical discipline with 12 years of technical experience OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Computer), Computer Science or similar technical discipline with 15 years of technical experience OR Associate's degree with 20 years of technical experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Design Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of experience in design and development of systems that provide ventilation and gas delivery to patients
• Demonstrated relationships with clinical customers, understanding the physiology behind clinical therapy and the devices that provide such therapy
• Demonstrated experience with clinical trials for clearance of medical devices
• Demonstrated experience with intellectual property, including successfully awarded patents
• Demonstrated competency in understanding functionality of complex systems including mechanical (pneumatic and structural), electrical, and software designs and their interactions
• Demonstrated experience working with a multi-discipline, global team
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Master's degree in Engineering
• Experience in design engineering for Anesthesia Systems, Critical Care Ventilators, or other life support devices
• Excellent organizational skills
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Madison
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.