GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Headquarters
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Principal Engineer, Energy Financial Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a member of the GE Energy Consulting - Energy Financial Analytics team, the Principal Engineer, Energy and Financial Analytics will lead consulting and advisory services across the electric power industry and support other GE business initiatives related to power systems equipment and services.
Energy Consulting, a part of GE Energy Connections, offers global clients a wide range of solutions across a spectrum of power generation, delivery and utilization. Our Energy Financial Analytics team offers detailed engineering and economic analyses focused on the financial and physical operation of electric power systems.
As the Principal Engineer, Energy Financial Analytics, you will:
* Conduct economic and/or engineering system studies related to production cost modeling, reliability analysis, stability analysis, power market forecasting, and integrated resource planning
* Lead project teams consisting of multiple consultants by providing power system analysis including quantitative and analytical modeling, simulation, and evaluation of power systems and markets
* Leverage existing databases and modeling tools to perform power system simulations. Support and mentor team members to increase fidelity and accuracy of existing models
* Proactively seek out new opportunities and study work by responding to Requests for Proposals from grid operators, utilities, developers, and other industry organizations
* Support GE businesses and customers in the areas of asset valuation, wind and solar integration, smart grid optimization, distributed energy resources, energy storage, asset utilization, new product initiatives, and challenges to the utility business model
* Actively participate in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are essential
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Operational Research or Computer Science.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in planning and execution of complex analyses relevant to power system operations, modeling and simulations, generation and transmission planning, and/or power plant financial ProForma analysisELIGIBLITY REQUIREMENT:
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed up to 20%
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* MBA or Master's / PhD Degree in Engineering, Economics, Operational Research or Computer Science
* Industry reputation, published articles related to practical power generation-related topics, participation in industry standards working groups
* Experience in planning and execution of complex analyses relevant to electric power systems and generation facilities
* Advanced knowledge of energy markets such as: energy price trends (electricity both wholesale and retail and major fuels); energy and associated ancillary services market rules and practices; generation capacity markets; current U.S. energy regulations; transmission system limitations and operating practices
* Experience with production cost models (MAPS, PLEXOS, GridView, ProMod) or other power system simulation tools (PSLF, PSSE, MARS)
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills to present findings of analytical studies to a wide range of industry stakeholders
* Strong technical writing skills for proposals and study reports
* Strong project management skills and track record of leading project teams
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.