The canidate will be required to obtain a deep technical understanding of the Zodiac Powerup middleware and Active Video CloudTV platforms to support the analysis of issues, new functionality and help define prioritization. You will be engaging directly with the Zodiac, Active Video and Charter team. You would work in cross-functional teams to understand, manage and prioritize issues and features related to the platforms.
Zodiac’s PowerUp is a middleware framework and presentation engine that is responsible for delivering set-top box functionality including electronic guides, DVR, video-on-demand and over the top content services for existing subscribers and next generation set-top boxes.
ActiveVideo's CloudTV is a platform that virtualizes customer premise equipment or set-top box functionality including electronic guides, DVR, video-on-demand and over the top content services. This functionality is enabling Charter to bring advanced user interfaces and online video experiences such as Netflix and Youtube to existing subscribers and nex- generation set-top boxes and connected devices.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Attends status meetings as it pertains to development work.
- Manages and reports development delivery schedules.
- Works closely with program/project and development leads.
- Create/Maintain dashboards to communicate milestones and blockers.
- First Point-of-Contact for Charter departments.
- Reviews overall plans and designs to provide recommendations towards improvements.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of the Zodiac PowerUP and/or AMS is a plus
- Knowledge of the Active Video CouldTV ActiveVideo platform is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and Tools
- Knowledge of Video-on-Demand (VOD), cable systems and a solid understanding of DOCSIS
- Knowledge of network delivery systems is a plus (Multicast, Unicast, Broadcast, Anycast, Geocast)
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience Number Of Years
Engineering work experience 5-10
Project management work experience 5-10PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and servicesEducation
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environmentEOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.