We are currently looking for a Principle Engineer to join our Data Management team that provides deployment and support for Splunk and all associated integrations. The team performs regular maintenance and upgrades of Splunk application and add-ons. The team maintains heightened scrutiny of these services through several means to provide troubleshooting and resolution with issues and outages in an operations environment. The team responds to and troubleshoots all NOC trouble tickets for all products that the team maintains. Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within Systems Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Splunk on a large enterprise level.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration
- Architect and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers
- Administering Splunk, Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES) log management
- 70% Development and Scripting
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources that use various protocols
- Ability to design Splunk reports and dashboards using complex data elements
- Design and customize complex search queries, and promote advanced searching, forensics and analytics
- Develop dashboards, data models, reports and optimize their performance. Develop alerts and timed reports
- A passion for Analytics, for helping users Client and share the stories and meaning in their data
- Experience in translating business requirements into concrete data analytic solutions
- PERL / Linux Shell Scripting / Regex experience would be highly preferable
- Splunk training and/or certifications would be a major plus
- Telecommunication industry experience
- Experience with Network, Internet / Web technologies
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Pearl, bash, etc.).
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.