JOB SUMMARYThe Software Principal I position in the Software Engineering group is responsibleto obtain a deep technical understanding of the CloudTV platform to support the analysis of issues, new functionality and define prioritization. Candidate will be engaging directly with Charter (Internal and External) Dev Teams. Candidate would work in cross-functional teams to understand, and integrate features related to the CloudTV platform. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Works across teams to drive integration of cutting edge software in alignment with Advanced Engineering, Operations, and Product Development.
- Works closely with internal and external development leads.
- Integrates, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Estimates scope of work.
- Creates project documentation as requested.
- First Point-of-Contact for Charter departments as it relates specifically to CloudTV platform Integration.
EducationMasters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work ExperienceEngineering work experience 10+ years in the cable industry w/ indepth understanding of back office systems and/or settop-boxesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducationKnowledge of cable products and servicesWORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- System Administration skills in CentOS Operating System
- Working knowledge in multi node Server-Client architecture
- Working knowledge of Cable HeadEnd Architecture (Cisco, Arris)
- Knowledge of Video-on-Demand (VOD), cable systems and a solid understanding of DOCSIS
- Knowledge of network delivery systems is a plus (Multicast, Unicast, Broadcast, Anycast, Geocast)
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge of Charter CloudTV platform is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and Tools
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
Office environmentEOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.