Principal Engineer I
Principal Engineer responsible for the day to day operations, maintenance, and break fix for various systems and ancillary applications that support provisioning and other product offerings, along with providing architectural expertise and acting as an intermediary between Leadership and peer groupsDuties & Responsibilities
This position will involve a close working relationship team members, peers, engineering and development teams to solve issues that arise, provide feedback to engineering on proposed updates, and proactively identify potential areas of concern. This position will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues. Basic / Minimum Qualifications:
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years- Network Engineering experience
- 10 years- Project management work experience
- This Senior Engineer position requires a strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent communications skills, be highly motivated, eager to take on new responsibilities and be a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is a must. This position requires an ability to mentor junior team members to include training, and guidance day to day.
- Strong technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities. Other required skills, abilities, and duties listed below:
- Advanced understanding of linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat
- Working knowledge of LDAP and/or LDAP-related services
- Shell scripting ability
- Linux package installation: yum, rpm
- Familiarity with system monitoring and concepts
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Work with and manage systems in a large scale, high availability environment
- Motivated self-starter and independent thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with a “get the job done” mindset, as well as communicate with and provide updates to leadership
- Strong sense of responsibility – willing to take ownership of issues
- System security best practices
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Virtual machines/concepts; VMware, Open Stack, etc.
- Red Hat expertise
- Scripting and/or programming expertise (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP)
- Understanding of http/https protocols
- Experience with IPv6, Splunk, SNMP
- Office environment
- 24x7 support
Other Locations For This Job