Responsible for engineering activities that design, maintain, and enhance the company's Set-top-box and hardware and software. Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Works with design teams and advises team leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specify STB hardware designs across Charter’s OEMs.
- Perform certification testing and acceptance of STB and peripheral designs.
- Perform repair analysis and continuous improvement processes to designs.
- Support all Factory and Repair processes.
- Continue to support cable plant processes that allow STBs to be installed across all Charter footprints.
- Act as the Advanced Engineering point of contact for factory code certification.
- Certify the solutions in Integration and Pre-Prod environments.
- Perform platform certification testing, load and performance testing, failover testing; summarize test results.
- Author and deliver Implementation Guides and MOPS to Operation teams for production deployments.
- Establish and maintain current state baseline certification and technology documentation throughout the technology lifecycle, including end-of-life transitions & migrations.
- Foster strategic relationships with Charter teams and vendor partners.
Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
Tests and reviews system designs.
Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
Knows, understands and follows company policy.
Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
Advanced experience designing, testing, and debugging STB hardware
Previous experience with circuit design and analysis
Previous experience dealing with hardware suppliers
Previous experience with hardware manufacturing processes
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
Engineering work experience 10-15
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.