Principle Member of Technical Staff (P-MTS) – National Network Operations (NNO) IMS Planning is responsible to lead and collaborate on the 6-18 month platform architecture, roadmap and capital budget plans of NNO infrastructure initiatives as it relates to new platform, product and service deployments
- Create & track the future year POR and Budget for your platforms, which accounts for growth and scaling of the application servers and review with internal NNO (Engineering & Operations) and external teams including Maintenance Engineering, PDI and HQ Planning
- Create a high-level 3 year plan for your platforms to show the long-term view of the architecture and highlights the space/power need. Provide roadmap and guidelines for products, features and hardware configurations to ensure technologically superior, operationally efficient, and cost effective growth of the systems.
- Lead effort to improve existing IMS Core platform products to make them more reliable, scalable, and supportable. Lead multi-departmental teams to merge long-term plans with operational requirements. Provide in-depth knowledge and advanced proficiency in system operations, engineering, and support during the product development process for new and existing systems
- Provide oversight of detailed/high level design stages for the IMS Core system components and oversee the design/architecture and engineering of reliable, high-performance, maintainable and scalable IMS Core system platforms
- Generate capacity forecasts twice yearly and C&D Charts monthly for application servers after Network Ready date
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications’ industry.
- Candidates are required to have an in depth knowledge of the IMS Core architecture and call flows
- Working experience with IMS Core equipment in Engineering, Operations or Maintenance Engineering roles is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing (OpenStack, KVM, etc.) preferred.
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Presents ideas in a logical and compelling manner to both small and large groups
- Consistently follow-ups on outstanding items
- Provides focus and contributions in meetings and discussions
- Proven problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical, technical, leadership and organizational skills and is highly self-motivated.
- High Proficiency in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.