The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of
the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Principal Engineer of New Product Introduction as a key member of Acclarent’s medical
device product development teams located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent,
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro,
Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear,
Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP),
Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and
Acclarent, Inc. is a medical device company, whose singular focus is to
free patients to live better lives by designing, developing, and
commercializing medical devices that address conditions affecting the ear,
nose, and throat. Learn more about Acclarent at www.acclarent.com
- Manages a wide variety of technical tasks and
projects in the development of new products and manufacturing processes.
- This individual will be a leader within the New
Product Introduction group and a key member of Acclarent’s medical device
product development teams.
- Serves as a core team member and supply chain
representative on the Acclarent new product development teams.
- Contributes to and develops strategy for
new product concepts, processes and techniques to ensure that products
meet customer’s needs and are high quality and low cost products.
- Drives and assists with execution of
supplier selection and development strategies.
- Works closely with other supply chain
functions and external partners to transfer products to manufacturing and
ensure a robust launch.
- Plans, schedules and completes projects.
- Directs activities of technicians and/or
other engineers, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required or
assigned by manager.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical
discipline and eight or more years of demonstrated leadership in a
directly related field is required.
- Experience in manage time, budgets, people
and resources are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance
with applicable Quality System requirements (e.g., QSRs, ISO & MDD) is
- Strong written and verbal communication
skills with individuals and groups at all levels is required.
- Good presentation skills to deliver
speeches and/or presentations effectively to a variety of audiences are
- Experience in medical device manufacturing
is highly preferred.
- Proven application of statistical
techniques is preferred.
- Lean Training is preferred.
This position is in Irvine, CA and may require up to 10% travel,
domestic and/or international.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your
work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Acclarent, Inc. (6206)Job Function