Please Note: This position requires a US Citizen who will support a Federal Client.
Cloud EM Operations Organization within Oracle Public Cloud Operations is looking for an excellent Principal or Senior Principal to drive and expand our existing Enterprise Manager infrastructure footprint within Cloud. This is an extremely exciting role for someone who is passionate about Cloud and Monitoring and can take a lead role in driving projects to completion.
- Manage and deploy Enterprise Manager 12c/13c on Exadata and Exalogic to monitor millions of targets for Saas and Paas services
- Manage and deploy Oracle Databases, CRS and understand RMAN/backups and Exadata
- Manage and deploy EM related automation
- Setup monitoring for all Cloud Services (SaaS, PaaS, Compute) using EM
- Manage, deploy and patch EM agents
- Administer EM related servers, VMs, exadata and exalogic
- Drive monitoring initiatives to completion
- Core DBA, Architecture, Enterprise Manager Administration and EM 12c/13c Framework
- Experience with EM job system, EM patching and EM management
- Experience with Exadata and Exalogic and Fusion Middleware/WLS
- Experience with automation using emcli and/or MC
- Experience with Cloud automation and Cloud hosting
- Exposure to DR and Standby systems
- Passionate to work with EM and downstream Cloud artifacts
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.