Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
With limited supervision, the Principal Engineer, Packaging Equipment is responsible for providing technical expertise in the areas of design, development, qualification and validation of packaging equipment, processes, systems and components. The individual provides departmental expertise and company leadership for packaging equipment while collaborating with Manufacturing, Operations, Research and Development, Marketing, Market Research, Supply Chain, Process Excellence and other affiliated departments to identify and address packaging equipment and /or validation needs. This position may require management of a small group of packaging equipment engineers, packaging validation engineers and/or contractors.
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for the role and as appropriate for the role
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Plan and execute multiple and/or key packaging equipment and validation assignments including key initiatives concerned with life cycle management initiatives and develop & deploy risk mitigation strategies to deliver project commitments.
- Lead and improve multiple and/or large scope packaging processes and various equipment technologies across multiple locations simultaneously. This person will work with sites in an effort to provide the best in class packaging processes to the McNeil OTC supply chain.
- Lead, develop and execute packaging equipment and validation strategies across the McNeil OTC Supply Chain. Responsibilities include understanding existing limitations and developing technical solutions to eliminate road blocks.
- Identify and stay abreast on new packaging equipment technologies and packaging equipment processes. He or she will investigate and communicate packaging innovation in an effort to improve the McNeil OTC Supply Chain.
- Lead, develop and execute packaging equipment strategies by providing engineering solutions, technical advice and assistance to Manufacturing and other departments as required.
- Lead, develop and execute plans that maintain high levels of Operational Equipment Efficiency (OEE) at packaging sites. He or she drives value through identifying and executing multi-site projects by improving compliance, quality, efficiency and cost.
- Support and/or lead the development and assessment of the following types of information to support package development and life cycle management initiatives, including but not limited to the following activities: design requirements, definition of the scope of change, packaging and equipment solution proposals, prior knowledge and knowledge gap assessments, risk assessments, test plans, and test results analysis and conclusions.
- Develop, write, gain cross-functional alignment, and route for approval package development documentation that captures the above end-to-end project specific information. (Examples of documentation: Package Development Assessment and Plan documents, Packaging Line Trial Protocols and Reports, Package Development Reports, etc.)
- Lead, develop, write, and gain cross-functional alignment of packaging validation documentation for packaging equipment systems and processes.
- Support and /or lead the execution of line trials, Engineering studies, process qualification and process performance qualification.
- Ensure all trainings and if applicable, those of direct reports, are current and successfully completed prior to the execution of specific work activities.
- Support and/or lead the development, execution and/or review of Change Controls for packaging related changes.
- Support and/or lead packaging related investigations, use applicable tools (e.g. Kepner Tregoe or Process Excellence) to facilitate root cause identification, write and/or approve reports as required.
- Assumes the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME), which includes E2E equipment and reliability ownership of packaging equipment/lines/process.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or a Technical field is required.
- 8+ years of industry experience is required with at least 6 years of Packaging Equipment experience is required.
- Specific experience within the Consumer, OTC, or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred. GMP experience is preferred.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge related to packaging equipment, equipment qualification and equipment validation is required.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer. May lift up to 30 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment relating to R&D, Marketing, Operations, Sales, etc. is required.
- Previous experience focusing on managing and/or supporting technical projects is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required, especially with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in customer focus, program/project management, accountability, process orientation, and strategic thinking is required.
- Experience in process excellence and process thinking and application of tools is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Process Excellence certification is preferred.
- Negotiation skills, ability to effectively work with peers, strong leadership and analytical skills.
- The ability to establish project criteria, monitoring activities and successfully execute several projects concurrently is required.
- This role may require up to 10% travel based on business needs.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function